During the holidays, at least here in America, we seem to be “into” list-making. From shopping lists to Santa’s twice-checked list, we now culminate the series with lists of New Year’s resolutions.
Looking back at the past year of offering Say It For You business blogging assistance, I found several simple lists I used to help readers come up with ideas for corporate blog posts:
1. Things consumers are likely to type into the search bar that could bring them to your blog:
- Their need
- Their problem
- Their idea of the solution to their problem
- A question
- 2. Calls to action to include in titles and If-you-click-on-this-link promises, such as:
- This link will lead you to a blog post that explains how to obtain more of something desirable
- This link will lead you to a blog post that explains how to obtain less of an undesirable effect
- This link will explain why one popular idea is falseMake a list of your own of content pieces that that might:
…engage the interest of online readers who have found your blog post
…provide valuable information to them?
…clarify what you have to offer to fulfill their needs
Hard to believe, our little content writing company, Say It For You, just celebrated its tenth New Year’s! Our content, now some 35,000 unique writing selections strong, may be found in clients’ corporate brochures and on their website pages, in press releases, “nurturing emails” and Facebook posts. Primarily, though, our pieces populate the blogosphere.
In 2018, our “listicle” of wishes for you include:
- Personal success
- Business success
- Good health
- Lots of old friends
- Scores of new ones
- Superb SEO results
A YEAR OF GREAT BLOGGING!