Does blogging help SEO? To be sure. Kristen Hicks of HostGator lists six reasons why:
- Blogging keeps your website fresh and current.
- A blog keeps people on your website for longer.
- Blogging helps target long-tail keywords (half of all searches are for terms four words or longer).
- A blog offers opportunities for internal linking.
- A quality blog gives other sites more reasons to link back to your site.
- A blog helps you connect with your audience (which encourages sharing and driving traffic to the site).
All true, but…. Are blogs – should blogs – be “built around” SEO keywords? “ Every successful blog is built on a solid foundation of content, but it’s consistency that’s the real key to successful search engine rank,” offers top web infuencer Neil Patel. “Using your keywords in a natural way in your post isn’t a bad SEO practice,” Patel says,” “but don’t overdo it”. .
- page titles
- meta descriptions
- internal links
- anchor text
“Above all, your blog post has to be a good piece of writing!” cautions yoast.com ( The Yoast SEO WordPress plugin is the guide our blog content writers at Say It For You rely on).