Even if you’re not into verbifying your nouns (the topic of my latest Say it For You blog post), at least let the verbs you do use, b-r-e-a-t-h-e, is my advice to content writers. “Don’t smother verbs”, Mary Cullen writes in 87 Advanced business Writing Tips That Actually Work.
- Use clear words rather than using punctuation to emphasize your point.
- Don’t smother verbs by changing them into nouns (this is called nominalizing, the opposite of verbifying).
- Don’t overuse adverbs; instead, use stronger verbs.
- the force of the argument
- the importance of the topic
- the strength of the language